Sign Our Guest Book

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Welcome, Hero



Today is a special day and I decided to begin the journey of HeroSpace. Hero is the first dog who make me love him as much as I love myself and my family. He is the first dog who changed my perception about dog. Hero is not only the pet, he is my firend, my lovely companion and my beloved "son".

Today is special as it is the second month I brought Hero home. He has been learning quick and growing well. Although he has been sick for twice within these 2 months, he is still so adorable, active and energetic.

I was extremely fear of dog before this, even with little puppy. I always kept at least 3 feets away from them. The reason ? I was chased by my uncle's gaint German Shephard when I was at the age of 5, from the 2nd floor of a shoplot to the 4th floor. The dog thought I was playing with him, indeed, I was always afraid of him due to its huge size. From then on, I never like dog !

Wonder why I changed suddenly ? During CNY 2006, I visited my best friend. She was dog sitting her boyfriend's 3 years old overweight Shih Tzu. Wow... I never knew dog could be so obedient. He neither bark at me nor jump up to me. He let me pet him whenever I like and he seems so enjoying. That was the first time ever I touch a dog.

Later, I had BBQ with my ex-colleagues. An ex-colleague brought his 3 1/2 years old mixed breed, a Silky Terrier mixed Maltese. A lot more active than the Shih Tzu but still very obedient. That night we talked about dog. My ex-colleague and his girlfriend shared with me their experience on raising their dog. I was approaching the dog's world step by step from then on.

While I was hasving a 3 weeks break before I start my new job, I did a lot of research on dogs. I fed myself with as much information on dogs as I can get from the internet. From the breed information, how to choose a breed, am I prepare for a dog, how to raise a puppy...

I had in mind to get a Maltese. I visited a few petshops in PJ nearby my house to have a look at the furkids. Seldom I had the chance to meet a Maltese until I saw Hero. Hero was in a petshop where the shop's owner had a few Malteses and 2 of which are owned by the petshop. They are so adorable and energetic.

I knew it is not advisable to get puppy from petshop. I admited I was quite desperate at that moment. The next weekend I brought my family to the petshop and showed them Hero. They agreed on giving Hero a new home. Hence, Hero was at the age of 5 1/2 months when I brought him home. Welcome, my Hero... (18 March 2006)

1 comment:

Urban Smoothie Read said...

wow!! new pup 4 u ya...
white?? not 4 me ler...if d white pup is under my supervision....sure turns into brown color...or mayb black...like my pacco girl...haha....