Sign Our Guest Book

Sunday, May 28, 2006

2nd Membership Drive @ Dog Scouts of Malaysia

Today is the 2nd Membership Drive for the Dog Scouts of Malaysia. I have been excited for few days as this would be the first time I brought Hero to public place besides the petshop and the veterinarian clinic!

I get to know about this dog scouts from Amanda. The event was from 5p.m. to 7p.m. at the open space between the Ikano Power Centre and IKEA. I started to prepare since morning.

I bath Hero at about 11a.m. Hero was quite dirty and smelly after a week without bathing. I used only the water to shower his body because I know he will get dirty again after the outing. Hero wasn't that smelly after the "plain water" shower :-D

Then I practised the tricks with him for about 15 minutes before I let him to have his nap.

It was 4 more hours to the departure time. Thus, I occupied my time with my normal weekend routine... house keeping ( a.k.a Ah Sei's Job )

It was 3p.m. after finished my work. I started to prepare the "equipment" for the outing.
1) Water bottle
2) Treats
3) Towel
4) Toilet tissue & plastic beg (in case of Hero poo poo)
5) Digicam



My beg was so bulky after stuffing these things.

Finally it's 20 mins to the departure time, I "forced" Hero to pee before we left. Very good boy, he peed!

It was a nice weather when we reached Ikano. I was nervous and so is Hero. Hero was shaking with fright when we was waiting for the lift and in the lift. This was our first experience in a shopping complex! I kept calming him by petting him.

Hero was the first dog to be there besides the organizer's GR. I signed up as indivual and paid RM30. In order to get into the scouts, Hero and I have to pass the exam !

Hero has to pass the TenderPaw test, which includes:
1) Heeling
2) Sit and down on command
3) Come when called
4) Socialization - the dog should stay calm when meeting a stranger or other dogs at the min of 3 ft / 1 meter apart

I was very confident that Hero can perform the first 3 exams very well. But quite worry about the forth test. Hero seldom socializes with other dogs. Quite afraid he will got excited and simply chase on other dogs!

Out of expectation, Hero passed the forth test but failed the third test ! When I commanded him to sit stay and I walked away for about 3 feets. I commanded him to come to me. He came but he turned to the other dogs half way! I have to chase him back.

He has to re-sit the test for the second time and finally he passed. Good Boy !

Well, It was my turn to take the test after Hero. I have to memorised THE DOG SCOUT OF MALAYSIA LAW.
1. Courteous and friendly
2. Set a good example
3. Respect wildlife
4. Well mannered
5. Show kindness
6. Respect public property and public areas
7. Help to uphold the DSM motto (forgot about the last word)

It has been 2 yrs time since I last took my final exam. Hhmm..... Amanda and I was in the same exam team. We have to speak out one law each time the tester said our name. My memory still good ! I manage to remember :-p and we passed the test too. Haha..

Congratulation! Hero is officially the Dog Scout !

Err... After all thse excitement, I realised that I forgot to ask my mother to take the pictures for me and Hero... sob* sob*

3 comments:

Urban Smoothie Read said...

ya....sometimes v r too excited n 4get to snap pic....i oso 4get to ask my sis 2 snap pic during d test...
it was dissapointing that d weather actually went bad, n many other members didn;t show up...if not more ppl will have more fun...
when it started to rain....v headed up 2 d pet safari training center....u shouldn't hv went home tat early....
anyway....glad to meet u n hero...he looks so adorable n cute....wonder how u manage to came up wit that mascular name....haha....
too bad that now is my exam month...so couln't come in this few saturday....anyway...will defiantely show up during d launching on 17 june....c u then...

Hero & Casper said...

Glad to see you too. Pacco is looks very black. Her fur is very silky, hope Hero have the same fur quality like her.. hehe..

Woo...I didn't know that u guys went up there.. aiks.. should have stay longer.. Nvm.. I definately won't rush home next time..

His was named by the petshop staff. Most of the puppies they sell have a name, from chinese name to english and japanese name.. I tried to rename Hero, he was in the petshop too long and has been used to that name, so I just use the name.. ehe.. No need to train him with his name :-p

Mascular name but fragile body.. All dogs there very big in size, I think Hero was the second smallest dogs on that day.. hehe..

I will be there on the 17th too.. hope to see you soon :-)

Urban Smoothie Read said...

next time when v meet...must take a pic of pacco n hero together....one pure black one pure white...looks funny la....hahaha....